It’s just not the holiday season without snacking on your favorite seasonal treats, right?
We’ve been eating our way around the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, too. But now, you’ve got a friend in us, because we have a new recipe from Pixar to make your holiday season all the more merry and bright for your family and friends!
What better way to spend the holidays than cozying up on the couch with some homemade cookies while you watch your favorite Pixar movie?! Check out this Gingersnap Cookie Recipe to get you in the spirit!
- 9 ounces butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Cream butter, brown sugar, salt, and spices and mix in molasses and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda with flour, then add to the dough and mix.
- Scoop cookies with a 1-once ice cream scoop, roll in Demerara sugar, and flatten slightly.
- Finally bake at 325 F for about 10 minutes until golden and slightly cracked. Then decorate with your favorite characters!
You’re all set to start decorating your cookies with your favorite Pixar characters to celebrate holidays with family and friends!
As always, stay tuned to DFB for all the latest Disney recipe news and more.
What Pixar character will you decorate your cookies with? Let us know in the comments below!
The post The PERFECT Cookie Recipe for Your Next Pixar Movie Marathon first appeared on the disney food blog.