Tropical Storm Nicole is on its way to Central Florida and has already prompted tropical storm watches in both Orange and Osceola counties (where Disney World is located).
Disney is preparing for the storm’s arrival by updating cancelation policies and closing certain areas of the parks and hotels. Now, Disney has announced a phased closure of the parks and some hotels along with more cancelations of events.
On Disney’s website, they noted that they are “continuing to closely monitor Tropical Storm Nicole, which continues to be a dynamic and evolving storm.” To keep guests and employees safe during the expected storm conditions, there will be some early closures and cancelations.
The Walt Disney World theme parks will have a phased closure today (November 9th) beginning at 5PM. They will remain closed through tomorrow morning (November 10th). Disney notes that the “theme parks will likely not reopen at their regularly scheduled time tomorrow, Nov. 10.” Here’s a full schedule of the phased closure:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 5PM with last dining reservations at 5PM.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 6PM with last dining reservations at 6PM.
- Magic Kingdom Park: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 7PM. Last dining reservations for Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Diamond Horseshoe, and Cinderella’s Royal Table will be at 6PM, and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30PM.
- EPCOT: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 7PM. Last dining reservations for Monsieur Paul, Space 220 Restaurant, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Garden Grill Restaurant will be at 6PM, and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30PM.
- Disney Springs will close early today, Nov. 9, at 7PM., with last dining reservations at 6:30PM. Disney Springs will remain closed through tomorrow morning, Nov. 10. (Disney Bus transportation from Disney Springs will operate until 8PM today, Nov. 9.)
Nighttime shows have been canceled for today, including Disney Enchantment at Magic Kingdom, Harmonious at EPCOT, and Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be closed on November 10th, and Disney’s miniature golf courses (including the Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf) will close early today at 7PM and remain closed tomorrow, November 10th.
Some Disney World hotels are going to close as well. Here’s a list of those closures:
- Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be required to depart by 3PM today, Nov. 9. Disney is contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternate accommodations.
- Guests staying at the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will be required to depart by today, Nov. 9, at 3PM. Disney is contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternative accommodations.
- At this time, all other Walt Disney World Resort hotels remain open to Guests.
- Character breakfasts at Disney Resort hotels will not include characters tomorrow morning, Nov. 10, so Disney can accommodate more Resort Guests staying at these locations for breakfast.
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel voyage that was scheduled to start tomorrow, November 10th, has been canceled. Disney is contacting guests with reservations.
- Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have been canceled for Wednesday, November 9th.
Note that cancelation policies are not currently being enforced for dining, hotel rooms, park tickets, and other experiences (like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique). If you had a pre-paid reservation, it will be canceled and you will be refunded to the original form of payment.
We’ll continue to watch for more updates on the situation in Disney World, so stay tuned to DFB for all the latest news.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
The post BREAKING: Disney World Announces Phased Park Closure Due to Tropical Storm Nicole first appeared on the disney food blog.