If you thought the last few years were busy for Disney, buckle up.
From new rides and a new private island to a brand new cruise ship, Dinsey’s got a lot in store for Disney World, Disneyland, and beyond in the next few years. Today we’re breaking down EVERYTHING coming to the Disney parks and beyond in 2022, 2023, and 2024!
During the 2022 D23 Expo, Disney announced a whole bunch of opening dates and shared information about upcoming projects. So just what is in store for the next few years? Well, the image below that Disney shared does a fairly good job of capturing most things that are on their way.
Let’s break it down.
Here are some of the big things on their list that are set to open in 2022:
- Disney Cruise Line reservations open for sailings from Australia and New Zealand — sales begin on September 29th, 2022 with sailings available for a limited time in 2023 and 2024, starting in October 2023
- Fantasmic! returns to Disney World — no exact date yet
- Believe! Sea of Dreams begins at Tokyo Disneyland — November 11th, 2022
- A giant HULK meets with guests at Avengers Campus in Disneyland — Should be available within the next week or so for a limited time
- Eudora’s Chic Boutique (a Tiana-themed store) opens in Disneyland — September 20th, 2022
- The Mandalorian and Grogu appear at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland — mid-November
There are a few other things set to come in 2022 that are not on Disney’s list. Those include:
- The launch of the car locator app for Disneyland — no exact date
- The launch of MagicBand+ in Disneyland — no exact date
- Opening of Roundup Rodeo restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Disney World — no exact date
- The launch of “Hey, Disney!” at Disney World and Disneyland hotels — no official date
What about 2023? Here are the big things from Disney’s list that will be arriving that year:
- Some of the transformation starts to take place at the Disney Village in Disneyland Paris — in 2023, a new lakeside French brasserie called Rosalie is set to open
- The reimagined Mickey’s Toontown opens in Disneyland — set to open in early 2023
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens at Disneyland
- The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will open (this is the NEW DVC tower)
- The Hatbox Ghost comes to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World
- Journey of Water — Inspired by Moana opens in EPCOT in Disney World — late 2023
- We Belong Together! A Pixar Musical Review opens at Disneyland Paris
- Disney 100 Years of Wonder ACTIVATIONS
- Tron Lightcycle/Run opens in Magic Kingdom in Disney World — spring 2023
- World of Frozen opens at Hong Kong Disneyland — late 2023
- More of World Celebration is finalized in EPCOT in Disney World
- Some of Fantasy Springs opens at Toyko DisneySEA
What else is also meant to open in 2023 that wasn’t on Disney’s list? Well, these are things that previously had been identified as having an opening date in 2023:
- The new DVC lounge is expected to open in Disneyland
- Summer House on the Lake (new restaurant) should open in Disney Springs at Disney World
- You can buy a home in Disney’s new living community — Cotino, A Storyliving by Disney community
- Pixar Day at Sea will take place on select sailings
- The 100 Years of Disney Exhibit will launch
- The Cake Bake Shop (a new restaurant) will open at Disney’s BoardWalk in Disney World
2024 has more fun in store. Here are the things Disney has noted will open/be finalized in 2024:
- Disneyland Hotel transformation at Disneyland Paris
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure in Disney World and Disneyland — late 2024
- Lighthouse Point (Disney’s NEW private island)
- Cotino, A Storyliving by Disney Community (Disney’s NEW residential community)
- The Disney Treasure cruise ship
- Disney Vacation Club new villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Disney World
In other words, the next few years are going to be BUSY. And that doesn’t even include announcements made about Disney movies, Marvel movies and series, Star Wars movies and series, Disney+, and beyond.
Now, keep in mind that these are the current dates announced by Disney for these projects, but dates and details are all subject to change. We’ve seen opening timelines change in the past, and it’s possible we could see that happen again.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for more updates and we’ll let you know what we find.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Which of these projects are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments!
Disclosure: In nearly all circumstances, Disney Food Blog writers and photographers pay full price for their own travel, hotel, food, beverage, and event tickets. We do this because it’s important to us as journalists to ensure not only that we give you unbiased opinions, but also that you can trust us to do so since we’re paying our own way. On rare occasions, when we are invited by a company to attend a preview as media, and when we choose to accept that invitation, we will always make you, our readers, aware of that situation. We were invited by Disney to attend D23 Expo as media. Note that when we attend events as media we are 1) Not required to review that event/food on any of our channels, and 2) Not required to review that event/food favorably. You can always count on DFB to give you a 100% unbiased and honest review of any event that we attend, food that we eat, or beverage that we drink. You can see more in our Disclosure Policy. Thank you for reading. — AJ
The post EVERYTHING That\’s Coming to the Walt Disney Company UNIVERSE in 2022, 2023, and 2024 first appeared on the disney food blog.