First Major Cruise Line REMOVES COVID-19 Testing Requirements

If you’ve been on a cruise recently, you know how complicated the lead-up to your embarkation day can be.

\"\"

Disney Wish Cruise Ship

Many cruise lines have very specific protocols regarding COVID-19 testing and vaccination statuses, and there are often a lot of steps you have to take before you can board your cruise ship and set sail. We recently shared, however, that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced it would no longer regulate cruises and that COVID-19 requirements could change. Now, one cruise line is removing some of those requirements.

Virgin Voyages, a cruise line based out of Plantation, Florida, is removing the requirement that passengers submit a COVID-19 test prior to boarding.

\"\"

©Virgin Voyages

According to its website, Virgin Voyages is changing its policies “in response to the discontinuation of the CDC’s Voluntary Program for the Cruise Industry.” The new policy will take effect on one ship, the Valiant Lady on July 24th, with the cruise line’s second ship, the Scarlet Lady following suit soon after on July 27th. Starting on those dates, the cruise’s COVID-19 test requirement to board will be removed.

\"\"

©Virgin Voyages

All crew members will still be vaccinated, and Virgin Voyages is requiring that 90% of passengers are vaccinated on each cruise, but they are opening up the remaining 10% for passengers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19.

Disney Cruise Line, by comparison, is still requiring 100% of vaccine-eligible guests to be fully vaccinated before they depart.

\"\"

The Disney Wish

If you’re setting sail with Disney Cruise Line, all guests who are eligible to be fully vaccinated need to be vaccinated, and you will also need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test generally no more than 2 days before your departure or test once you arrive at the terminal.

Of course, these cruise requirements could change. It’s possible that this change from Virgin Voyages could signal an incoming change from other cruise companies.

\"\"

Keg and Compass bar onboard the Disney Wish

We’ll be keeping an eye on the cruise industry to see if any other cruise lines, including specifically Disney, begin to make changes to their pre-boarding protocols so make sure to stick with DFB for the latest updates.

Thinking about taking a Disney cruise but don’t know where to begin? Click here to see what it costs to take a Disney Cruise, and click here to see everything that is included in the price of your Disney Cruise.

\"\"

Mickey and Minnie at Pirate Night on the Disney Wish!

When you’re ready to book, check out Fall 2023 Disney Cruise Line itineraries and cruise booking dates. As always, make sure to stay tuned to DFB for the latest!

Click here to see 5 secrets of the Disney Cruise Line app!

Have you ever been on a cruise? Let us know in the comments!

The post First Major Cruise Line REMOVES COVID-19 Testing Requirements first appeared on the disney food blog.

source https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/07/22/first-major-cruise-line-removes-covid-19-testing-requirements/

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.