Start watching Beauty and the Beast on Disney+, and get to baking with this delicious dessert. The Enchanted Rose Pastries are sure to put even the strongest (yes, Gaston too) under a spell. Be our guest, and check out the recipe below (spoiler…we promise you won’t need six eggs).
- 2 large red apples
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of flour
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets (about 30 minutes at room temperature), and spray your muffin tin with a non-stick spray.
- Cut the lemon in half, and put the juice from one of the halves into a microwave-safe bowl. Then, fill the bowl with water until it reaches the halfway point.
- Cut your apples in half and remove the core. Then, slice each apple half into a thin slice that’s half a centimeter thick. Place the slices in the bowl of water and lemon juice to stop them from browning.
- Once you’re done slicing the apples, microwave the water for 2-5 minutes, until you can bend the apples without breaking them. Once that’s done, strain the apple slices and place them aside.
- Unfold the thawed pastry sheets onto a surface that’s been lightly floured. Cut them into strips that are 2 inches wide.
- Use a small bowl to mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Use a butter knife or pastry brush to smooth a thin layer of butter on top of each strip of pastry. Then, spread a spoonful of the cinnamon sugar mix on top of the pastry in an even layer.
- Place the softened apple slices along the top edge of the pastry, while slightly overlapping each slice. Once the entire top edge is covered in the apple slices, fold the bottom of the pastry up over the bottom of the slices.
- Starting at one end, roll the pastry. Once this is complete, they should look like a beautiful rose!
- Place each rose in its own indent in the muffin tin, and leave them in the refrigerator until the oven preheats. Preheat the oven to 375° F, and then bake the pastries for 40-45 minutes. They should be golden brown when you take them out of the oven. Gently remove the pastries from the tin to allow them to cool and prevent sticking.
- Serve warm!
We can’t wait to try this recipe! Be sure to check back here for the latest Disney news!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be trying out this recipe? Let us know in the comments!
The post WARNING: Disney’s Latest Beauty and the Beast-Inspired Recipe Will Put You Under a Spell first appeared on the disney food blog.